Soldiers of Valor
Welcome to duty soldier!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Soldiers of Valor
Welcome to duty soldier!
Soldiers of Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server will be up soon!

3 posters

Go down

What should we do for the fun/special event?

Server will be up soon! Vote_lcap0%Server will be up soon! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Server will be up soon! Vote_lcap25%Server will be up soon! Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4
Back

Server will be up soon! Empty Server will be up soon!

Post by LuccaWulf Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 am

Hey everyone! Yesterday went very well as I finished up setting up the ports and firewall settings I went through. I pretty much finished setting up the server except I got an error right before I was about to go to bed lol. I fixed the error today where the server would stop working when switching maps. It had to do with my resolution on my PC (my PC screen resolution is 4K which created some issues.) The server will be mainly used for clan war practicing, and special events. I'm thinking of setting up some events that will be more like a reward for winning a clan war or something like that. There would be a day where a I might do something funny (like change the gravity to really low or high) or maybe put up a modded map for you guys to play on. You can find the events at the top of our page where they will be posted. I might also send out a Newsletter to everyone in the clan to remind them of a upcoming event. As for the server there are a few things I don't know how to use. I don't know how to set Announcements to go off in the server, and a few other things that are not very important lol. I'm planning on getting the server up by tomorrow and setting it to go from 6:00AM EST - 1:00AM EST. I don't want to keep it going 24/7 all day because I don't want to stress my laptop out lol. Yep, it's going to be a dedicated server on my laptop for now. Until we get more members and supporters we won't be renting a server anytime soon. In the far future however I might set up a donations page for our server so there is a possibility that we could rent one for a better upgrade.

Below there is a poll that asking what you would like to have for the "fun event/special event." Choose what you would like for the event. (Still deciding on whether it should be called fun event or special event.)

P.S I don't know how to run a public server with BFSM for 256 players. However I have ran a local server using the in-game "create server" button. It does work but can be a big laggy sometimes. Also I've seen a server online that supported 256 players so it can be done, I just need to figure it out.

LuccaWulf
Admin
Admin

https://sovclan.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Server will be up soon! Empty Re: Server will be up soon!

Post by JanNOREG Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Im really looking forward to this! Very Happy
GJ, LuccaWulf!
JanNOREG
JanNOREG

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Mamba Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:27 pm

256 players playing at once would be awesome, but let's be realistic, this is only a theoric maximum server capacity. IMO the maximum capacity of BF1942 servers should be around 140 players.

You can however host a COOP server with 256 bots, and it's been done in the past.

Black Mamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum